Long grain rice, wash & drain: 1 cup
Water: 1 cup
Chicken breast/fillet/thigh, cubed: 150g
Sambal Hijau Ikan Masin (Green Chilli with Salted Fish): 1-2 tablespoons
Dark soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
Sweet soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
Grounded pepper: to taste
Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
Petai (Bitter/ Stink Beans), sliced thin: 1 tablespoon
Shitake mushrooms sliced: 2
Xiao Bai Cai: 2 bunches
Spring onions as garnish
1. Soak 1 cup of rice in 1 cup water in the claypot (immerse claypot in water for 1 hr for 1st-time use) for at least 30 minutes.
2. Marinade chicken with Sambal Hijau Ikan Masin (Green Chilli with Salted Fish). Set aside.
3. Mix dark soy, sweet soy, pepper and sesame oil into a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Put the claypot with the soaked rice over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover for about 5-8 minutes until the rice is half-cooked. Put marinated chicken on top of rice (do not stir). Cover and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Add petai and mushrooms next and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the sauce mixture and add the vegetables on top. Immediately turn off the heat. Let it stand for another 2-3 minutes before serving it hot.